Thursday, February 16, 2017

Love is in the Air, Along with Disease and Pestilence

 February was supposed to bring health and hope.  Instead it came with more sickness, ear infections, and the dreaded nightmare of lice.  Luckily we spotted it right away in Rosy and since there was only one it was pretty easy to handle.  Everyone else was spared.  I now have extremely intimate knowledge of the scalps of all my kids.  After the 12 loads of laundry that we did and all the vacuuming things are feeling pretty good around here. I maybe freaked out a little (a lot) but I think in this case I would rather overdo than risk it.  Brandon was out of town and I must have hidden my distress because Rocky said to me, "Wow, you are a really good mom.  You like always freak out and go crazy when you come in our room and it's a little messy but then something serious happens and you are calm and nice." That's Rocky, always keepin' it real.
Rosy is already a particular little lady and she was terrified that someone would find out.  I promised her that I would keep it on the DL and then I went and wrote about it on my blog.  I hope she will forgive me, but I just couldn't not post that photo with Ike and his Nutella face just right in the middle of everything and me in my headlamp.

Rocky looks like Cupid with her bow and Tinker Toy arrows, but beware.  This girl is more like Catniss with deadly aim.  That bow is no joke.  It really launches those arrows.  Brandon was really impressed with her makeshift quiver.

 Daisy and Rosy both made projects on Sunday.  Daisy was supposed to draw something that she learned from the prophet.  Darling.
Daisy making her parents look good in Primary
 Rosy was supposed to make a Valentine.  I don't know why my kids have all been so funny about calling us by our first names. Nerds.
Rosy making her parents look weird in Primary.
 It was my first year celebrating Galentines Day.  I love the idea of spending February 13th celebrating women and friendship, and eating at Off the Waffle.
 Daisy spent two weeks making her Valentines and each one was a work of art.  She still had a few to go and got to stay up late with her dad who helped her think of creative phrases in Spanish.  Daisy and Brandon are two peas in a pod and I love when they are working together.

Sugar Cookies!!

 For our yearly Valentine's Day popup restaurant this year Rocky made an owl veggie tray.  Rosy was close by to supervise.
 I didn't take any pictures of the actual dinner because after doing all that work I was too tired.
 Brandon was the king of V-day this year.  He surprised the everyone with this killer Radio Flyer.  Since we got it we have learned that it is the best place to relax, do homework, color, snuggle, or anything that you want.
He also brought me a loaf of my favorite bread from Great Harvest.  I almost started crying because it made me so happy.  It was the perfect thing because it isn't extravagant but it was something that he knew that I would really love.

No comments: