Friday, September 26, 2008

Growing Pains

Rocky hasn't been her usual self lately. The last couple of nights she has been awake three or four times. I have several suspicions about her new behavior.
She may be listening to our upstairs neighbors play Rock Band into the night. They seem to be pretty good and it must be because they get so much practice. Right now it sounds like they are moving furniture around, or having a wrestling match. Brandon and I agreed that we like hearing them because it makes us feel less bad that they have heard our baby. She doesn't do the cute cry that she used to have. It's a lot louder and a lot less cute.
Perhaps she can read the newspaper clippings that Brandon has posted and wants to flee the crib to catch some of the great bands that tour the local venues.
She might be worried about all the fat that has surrounded her previously petite face. Her several chins seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

Those peaches can do that to you. I tell her not to worry. Her vegetarian diet is super healthy and it will help her fit in with the hippies. Besides, she still looks great from behind.
She's still pretty small, but the solid food has made a big difference.


I'm hoping that the real culprit for the surliness is the cure-all excuse that all parents use for orneriness...teething. The only reason that I have this suspicion is because of the way that she treats her bottle. I usually fill it with cold water and lately she won't drink any, she just traps it between her jaws and holds it there.

That, and the drool which is clearly visible in many of the pictures.

Hopefully the trouble, whatever it is, will pass soon. In the meantime, at least while I'm up at night I have some entertainment from upstairs.

2 comments:

becky rigby said...

I love this post...everything about it. It's neat to hear about your new life up in Oregon. I love the video of Rocky eating peaches, she scrunches her nose and pushes herself backward into Brandon to get away from the sour fruit. :) When I come, I'll have to compete with your neighbors in Rock Band.

Cara Rigby said...

Oh my gosh! She is getting so big...I can't even believe it. Sorry to hear about your bikes...that totally sucks. Guess we know not to buy much from WalMart huh?! Miss you guys!