Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King Day


We decided to take advantage of the school holiday and enjoy a trip to the coast. It wasn't exactly warm weather, but the overcast sky made for a beautiful day. We explored the jetty in Florence and hiked Sweet Creek Falls.

Before anyone tries to comment on me being pregnant and hiking, I feel that I need to disclose that Rocky walked the whole way too. I mean, not to take anything away from the fact that she is a pretty tough little climber for only being 20 months, but it wasn't exactly Kilimanjaro. It was a beautiful walk with amazing waterfalls along the way.



It was another one of those times that I feel really lucky to live in Oregon.

6 comments:

the Richards said...

That is one of my favorite hikes! It is so scenic and there are some great swimming holes (for when the sin shines :-)

Chels said...

Congrats from Ty and I on the upcoming baby. I'm sure Rocky will be a great big sister! ;)

Aynna banahna said...

It's great that you're staying active while pregnant. Good on you!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I agree, Oregon has some really pretty places and that looks like one of them! Glad you guys had some fun.

Sharstin said...

looks fabulous~ i do love oregon! you guys are so cute!

Squibb Family said...

I love the picture of all 3 of you. I love oregon too. It is so beautiful. I've been doing some research for a family reunion along the coast this summer. I'm jealous that you can enjoy it often. I love "checking in" on you guys. Blogs are wonderful. Take care.
-RaChelle Jangula Squibb