Monday, January 11, 2010

Rocky's Newest Skill



On January 1st while Rocky was eating her breakfast we had a discussion. I was explaining that a new year is a time when a lot of people make goals and I suggested that she make some resolutions. My suggestions were that this year she could learn how to sleep in a real bed and also be potty trained. She nodded and continued to eat her oatmeal. I didn't know that she would take it so seriously, but later that very afternoon she figured out how to climb out of the crib. We thought when we got back to Eugene that her big crib would be too tall and that we would have a couple more weeks of peace, but today while she was supposed to be taking a nap she snuck up on me while I was doing the dishes. I put her mattress on the floor and the nap went well. She went right to bed tonight without a problem but I guess we'll have to wait for the morning to be sure.
I need to learn from her example of getting right down to business when it comes to goals. I haven't even gotten around to setting any yet.

7 comments:

Callie. said...

what is it with you and Trista, and your babies just going right to sleep in their big kid beds? That is great! Lily stays up every night til past 9 just goofing off since we put her in a big girl bed. I am glad it's going so well for you! That is great. Hopefully potty training is as easy. :)

Jill said...

That's awesome! She's definitely your daughter, making goals and getting right down to business on them. (And she is SO stinking cute!)

becky rigby said...

That video is so funny. I love how she tries all the different corners before finding the right one to make the escape. I love that she is so persistent. =) We miss you already.

Cara Rigby said...

I love the video! So cute, and she is so creative! Although, it made me miss you guys so much@ It's always fun to be with you guys, and I'm sure it's great to be back home ;) Love ya!

Janet said...

I watch this video two to three times a day to get my Rocky fix. Love, Oma

Sharstin said...

look at her go! she is rock star! love it~

the splendid life of us... said...

Oh man she is a cutie!

THankfully McCoy has not tried to do that (beside the being so mad and falling out of his crib insidences). I am hoping for a few more months!