Monday, February 22, 2010

The Race is On



I know it isn´t very flattering, but this is what 38 weeks looks like.
The bonus is that our new couch is in the background and I´m counting on it making the next two weeks more comfortable. I only wish that we had bought it about 9 months ago.

There are 4 of us that are friends that could go into labor at any moment and the race is definitely on. Heather has a jump on the rest of us because her due date is only 2 days away. I think she has already basically sealed up the gold medal but Laurie, Trista and I are in a tight race to make the podium. I figure that if I come in 4th I´ll be in the same boat that Prefontaine was during the Munich Olympics. He gave it his best, but it just wasn´t meant to be.

It´s okay because the playgroup is going to the fire station on Friday and Rocky really doesn´t want to miss it. The best case scenario would be if I went into labor on Saturday afternoon after Brandon and I teach the cooking class for the Spanish Branch Relief Society meeting.

Good luck to us all.

Bonus Picture

7 comments:

Pam said...

The last few weeks I always feel like a beached whale when trying to get out of bed or rolling over at night. Good thing the reward is wonderful!

Laurie said...

I love your new couch! As for the podium, I have a feeling that you're right, you and I will be fighting it out for bronze. I'm okay with that. Maybe we could chill at the hospital together sometime early next week and work out our next arranged marriage!

Denece Hall said...

Good Luck!!! Such fun times!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Your couch looks so nice! I bet you are loving it. I'm excited to see how this all plays out with you, Trista, and Laurie! I'll hope for Saturday afternoon then for you. :)

becky rigby said...

I love the picture Mars! I miss your sweet smile. I really hope you get silver, I have faith in you, although being compared to Prefontaine is pretty cool. Goooooooo Daisy!

Sharstin said...

any day now! that is awesome:) you look great~ can't wait to see your new addition!

Stephanie said...

I think that you look great! I'm so excited for you! Rocky is just gorgeous - look at those curls!