Wednesday, April 7, 2010

30 Minutes of Motherhood

We had quite the morning which started with the 'peep' that Rocky left in the bathtub.

(Sorry for the nasty picture. Sometimes being a mom is pretty gross.)
While I was cleaning things up Rocky somehow found a bunch of animal cracker crumbs that she strategically dumped throughout the apartment.

Luckily it was early enough that I still had a sense of humor so I was able to shrug it off until she started going around throwing everything that she could get her hands on and I was forced to put her in time out. She had only been in her crib for a minute or so but I could tell by the silence that things weren't right. I went in to find that she had gotten into her hair things.
It is days like this that make me glad that she is so cute because cuteness can sometimes make things okay when my patience is close to running out. After that crazy half hour I knew that we had no other choice than to leave the mess for later and spend the rest of the morning outside.

It was a good plan because when Brandon got home from school he vacuumed up all the crumbs. I felt a little guilty at first that he was doing it until I remembered that I was the one who cleaned out the tub.

Bonus Picture

8 comments:

Aynna banahna said...

I love daddy and baby sleeping pictures

Jill said...

Hilarious! I love that you took the time to get the camera for the poop in the bath picture BEFORE getting Rocky out. :-)

becky rigby said...

Peep! Ah hahaha, I'm glad you can have such a positive attitude about everything. You're pretty amazing. Daisy looks so small laying on Brandon's chest. Adorable. I love Rocky's face with her hair things it looks like she's saying "uh oh" =)

Denece said...

Oh, the joys . . .

Kristin said...

Marci!!! EWW! I can't believe you took a picture! She'll love that picture when she's older.

Pam said...

Cheers to the joys of Motherhood!

Cara Rigby said...

Seriously, it's a good thing our kids are so dang cute because cleaning out a wet poopy tub is the last thing I ever imagined myself doing ;) Love love that picture of bran and Daisy! And I miss you. A lot.

Squibb Family said...

That is exactly why kids are made so adorable! We couldn't handle it otherwise. There's a reason why they call it terrible 2s. My mom always told me that it actually runs from when they are 18months until 4 years old. Oh, well, we love them anyways...we just wish we had half their energy!