Saturday, April 10, 2010

Track Time


I took the girls to the U of O track meet to cheer on the ducks at historic Hayward Field. My mind kept playing tricks on me and I swear I saw Pre's ghost running laps.
When I watched the runners line up at the start it reminded me of my track days in high school and my heart rate soared at even the thought. It is a lot more relaxing watching other people run, but it isn't near as fun.
Rocky and I spend a few minutes almost every day watching the high school team that practices on the track right by our apartments. On the way back home we always practice the long jump.
It has always seemed like the parents in the movies are always so ridiculous trying to live vicariously through their children, but lately it is starting to sound like a good idea. I would love to see my little Rock Star out there wearing her school colors, and competing in sports. Hopefully she gets some coordination from her dad because I certainly never had any. That's why I always ended up running in distance events. It was the only type of team that didn't have cuts.

As you can see, they were both very enthusiastic about the events. Rocky actually really did seem to have a good time. We had a good spot right on the last stretch to the finish line and the crowd would be cheering and you could see the determination on the athletes' faces. I swear that I could see the muscles in the legs trying to give up and the brains willing them to keep going.
Rocky never seemed to get it until after the race was over and everyone had quieted down. Then she would clap her hands. At first I thought that maybe she is just a little slow but then I began to notice that when she did her cheering all the college students around us would laugh and talk about how cute she is. It was a good strategy because if she did it when everyone else was watching the runners nobody would have paid any attention. Either she really isn't that bright, or she is a genius. I'm going to go ahead and say genius.

In other news...

The Peeps box says that now you can eat them all year because they have different shapes for each season. I think that is cheating. If it isn't Easter and it doesn't look like a bird, it isn't a Peep. Rocky likes to play with her little bird for a few minutes before she bites it's head off.

Tummy Time

I don't know who looks more tired in this picture. It is probably Daisy because by this time of night she's had a long day of napping and eating which really can wear you out. All Brandon did was go to class, study, and spend the rest of the evening taking care of a toddler.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

We were playing at Emme's school and I could hear the track meet going on. I was wishing I was there too. I'm glad you and your girls made it out to watch.

Cute pictures... especially the one with your toes. :)

Katrina said...

Found your blog! Hope you don't mind me peeking. :) The track meet sounds fun. I think Taylor and I are going to have to take the kids to one sometime.

Kourtney said...

I love running somehow watching people makes me feel how Rocky looked in the cute runner picture. I love all the pictures of brandon with his sweet girls what a great dad.