Friday, July 12, 2013

Why So Serious?

 Nothing like a grape popsicle to make my kids look like creepers.
Daisy doesn't feel fully dressed unless she is wearing the necklaces and bracelets she made with Kristin.  She's pretty good at going punk.  And at doing whatever style this is.

We were picking up some tacos and she wouldn't get out of the car until she could put on some lip gloss.  I thought that she was done with the dress up and then she snuck up on me looking like this.
 I've heard of this type of thing happening before, when a mother doesn't even see the small changes her child is making until one moment they look up and things have gotten completely out of hand.

Last night we had a blast with a bunch of the Rigbys at the Drive In.  We saw Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University.  Rocky and Daisy were out of their heads with excitement but their enthusiasm still paled in comparison to that of their dad's.  He planned everything and filled the back of the van with blankets.  It was so fun to be snuggled up together snacking on Red Vines and playing Uno while we waited for the show to start.

 We found these Monster lollipops and the cousins took turns scaring each other.  I forgot my camera but Cara shared these photos with me.

Jill took these pictures while we were in New York.
 They had so much fun while we were gone that I think they might wish that we were still out of town.


 The big news in the neighborhood is that Malece is in town.
 Malece is in this season of So You Think You Can Dance.  Her mom lives across the street and since we always root for the home team my girls have been watching with their Oma.  They are huge fans and when they heard that she was in town they drew her pictures and Mom took them over to pay her a visit.
Jill and I were too scared to go over at first because it feels weird to bug celebrities but after I saw how sweet she was to the girls I had to get out my camera.  She was adorable and gracious and she made Rocky and Daisy feel so special.  She gave them pins and signed a poster for them.  If you haven't seen her dance you should check it out because she really is fantastic.  The show is on Tuesday night so watch it and don't forget to vote.


Bonus Picture:

No comments: