Monday, June 18, 2018

 I love taking a photo every year on Mother's Day.  It has been incredible to see the growth in these babies.  They are finally starting to get useful and can actually do some chores.  My goal is to have them completely running the whole house in 10 years and I can spend my day reading books and taking naps. 
My first chocolate cake from scratch.  Not the last.

Celebrating with some of my favorite mamas.
 Daisy was the student of week and she put together this poster.  She wanted to add 5 more pictures of Ike making weird faces but I told her she could only use photos that she was in. 

NERD!
We enjoyed the Rhododendron garden at Hendricks Park for FHE.  We are really trying to absorb the joy of all our favorite spots in Eugene.  It was a gorgeous night.
 Brandon casually mentioned that he would be giving a speech at the Romance Language banquet.  I figured that I would go for the free food.  When we got there I had no idea how incredible his talk would be.  He had his advisors in tears.  I was so proud and inspired by all he had to say.  One thing that stuck out to me was something like this: In a world that believes that the loudest voice wins the argument it is even more important that we stop and take the time to listen and recognize the value of listening.  He talked about the truth that the more we learn the more we are humbled to realize how much we have yet to learn. 
I hang out with this guy every single day but I was impressed.  He has clearly made the jump from belonging with the students to belonging with the professionals.
Ike was also clearly impressed.


No comments: