Thursday, July 10, 2008

Camping















The annual Isaacson family camp-out was again a success. It is hard to believe how much a couple of days in the woods can shape a person's life. For those of you who do not get to participate in this type of ritual, I will share a few tidbits of knowledge that I've accumulated throuhgout the years.

** Huge Mexican marshmallows are really gross and have no business at a campfire.

** Little Smokies are great to roast as are Peeps and Starbursts.

** It is not a good idea to tube from Causey to Pine View.

** It's not camping unless you play President.

** Babies can be good campers

** Cousins can be your best friends.

I love the Isaacson family. I have very fond memories of camping with my grandparents and I think that is why I look so forward to this mini-trip every year. We are usually only camping for a day or two, but during that short time I find myself re-connecting with people I have loved since I was small. Now I am happy to take my baby girl and let her have the same opportunity.

1 comment:

Cara Rigby said...

I love that picture of Rocky and Ginnie (sorry if I misspell) sleeping by eachother...that is super cute. It was fun to see you guys, I only wish that it was longer :)