Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oscars




Yeah, I know that by now the Oscars are old news, but I find myself reflecting on them again today. I love the Academy Awards because for the past few years I've been able to attend my cousin's annual party.

This year was another success. It had all the important elements including nachos, TiVo, great prizes and our own prediction ballots, as well as a new popcorn maker.

Although Brandon was not able to attend he did keep his undefeated record of winning the booby prize. He almost lost this year though, when he tied with London (who is 8 years old and randomly marked boxes). They both predicted 4 out of 15 awards. Technically the honor went to Tyler who only got 2 correct, but Nikki insisted that the hosts can't win.

In order to prepare myself for success this year I watched the trailers for all the movies that were nominated which I pretty much considered hard-core research. We also watched the documentary film Man on Wire and the Duchess because they were 'On Demand' with my parent's Comcast. I also saw Wall-E and Kung-Fu Panda and a couple of the animated shorts. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you should try to look up Lavatory Love Story because it is awesome.

All this effort didn't really pay off though because I only ended up with 8. It is a pretty serious competition and I knew right off that I wasn't going to be in the running for the big prizes. I was a little bummed because I thought the Benjamin Button wristwatch that ran backwards looked pretty cool. I shouldn't complain though because we all ended up with some great T-shirts, a movie pass and it was a good time.


Rocky wanted to model her House Bunny shirt.
A big thanks to Nikki for making everything so fun.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a fun idea - and Oscar tradition! I'd like to try that one! :)