Saturday, April 4, 2009

Party Animal


Last night Brandon was talking to Rocky on our way home from a Tapas party. We had gotten together with a bunch of friends from Romance Language Department to partake of some exceptionally delightful Spanish appetizers. Brandon's garbanzos and spinach was a surprising hit, by the way. We had decided on the recipe from his Tapas cookbook because it was the only one that we could make with ingredients that we already had at home. Avoiding the grocery store is a strategy that generally doesn't produce the crowd pleaser, but as we've previously discussed, Brandon has a lot of potLUCK. (Notice that I didn't mention the "arroz con leche" that I was assigned as it didn't turn out so well.)
Anyway, this story was supposed to be about Rocky listening to her dad.
He said, "One day we'll tell you how we used to take you to parties all the time and you won't believe us because you'll just say, 'no way, you guys are way too boring.'"
I just wanted to document it, so that I can have actual proof that we took her and I can even show her the date of the party. But, come to think of it, I don't really have any pictures of the actual party. All I've got is the smile that she was still wearing when we got home at eleven o'clock, which is, incidentally, way past her bedtime.
I guess she'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments: