Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Best World Cup Ever


Watching Spain win the World Cup has been extremely fun. We made a priority to be available to watch every game and things just got more and more exciting. We camped out in front of the T.V. at my parents and made my dad watch it on Unavision instead of ESPN because the Spanish speaking announcers really know how to call GOL! GOL! GOOOOOOOOOL!
The last couple of games we watched with Brandon's family crowded around the computer in the kitchen.
Brandon wore his jersey on game days so he could be one with the team. He's been looking forward to this summer since the second the last one ended four years ago. I found myself much more entertained by it all than I had anticipated. Those games are so intense and it was fun to see Brandon, who is usually pretty apathetic when it comes to sports, jump out of his seat cheering.

It was a great moment, but what do we do now? Start counting down dates until the next one. By then Daisy will be 4 and Rocky will be 6. It's hard to believe that a day so far in the future will ever come. Maybe I should focus on the Euro Cup because it is only 2 years away. I'll miss you Ramos, Xavi, Torres, Punol, Casillas, Fabregas y todos los otros.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I figured Brandon and you would be pretty happy when Spain won. I was thinking about you guys. :)