Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bedtime

No matter how crazy our day goes my girls always seem to work their way back into good graces at night.
For example, when I saw this...

I forgot about the screaming in the grocery store.
And when I saw this...

the dried applesauce that was spewed all over my shirt didn't seem quite as frustrating.

Something about this adorable moment wiped the 600 "NO!"s off my radar.

When I was in college I took a technical sales class which taught me two things. The first one was that I have absolutely no interest in working in any form of sales. The second thing was to always end with your best pitch because the last thing you say is usually the only thing that gets remembered.
If I'm only going to remember one thing from my day, by all means, let it be this.


P.S. We had to say goodbye to our sweet friend Anu this week. She is headed back to India to get married. She and her future hubby are from the same home town but had to come all the way to the U.S. to find each other.

We had always planned that I would go to India for her wedding but it doesn't look like it is going to work out. It is okay though because she's got 900 other guests to take care of. She told me that her spiritual leader took the birthdates of the bride and groom and compared them with the star charts in order to plan an auspicious time for the ceremony. Although the wedding begins at 5 A.M. the actual marriage will be at 11:50 P.M. which is way past my bedtime so it is probably for the best that I can't be there. She promised that she will send pictures of the 6 Saris that she has already picked out for the various ceremonies.
I have loved my friend and will miss her a lot.

3 comments:

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Oh my goodness, Daisy is SO cute!!

the splendid life of us... said...

Thank heavens we have those wonderful moments that help wipe away the not so good moments. Not sure what I would do with out that! Oh and I so wish you could go to your friends wedding, what an awesome experience that would have been. Excited to see you tomorrow!

Rusten and Karen said...

so cute! Your girls are adorable.