Sunday, May 1, 2011

Three


How can my little Rock Star be three?
She is such an amazing little girl who loves life and when she is around it is hard not to feel the same. Her energy and her smile are contagious and she has a special capacity to see the best in everyone.
All she wanted for her birthday was a pinata like the one in her favorite music video. More details on this will soon be found on Brandon's blog because that is his scene.
It turns out that making something like that takes more time than you would think. Brandon and I both spent a couple of late nights getting in touch with our creative spirits and this is what we came up with in the end.

So what do you do after you and your husband spend a week building a slightly horrifying model of a slightly less horrifying musician?
Give a bat to a bunch of kids and let them destroy it.

I'm not sure at what age a plumber's crack stops being cute...it might be three.

I'm not sure who was more excited about the Cinderella doll, the givers, or the receiver.

I was surprised, and excited when Rocky picked the delicious looking cupcakes, over the quirky fun ones. It might have something to do with them being called Rocky Road.

Once again, for posterity's sake I think I need to mention important current events to place this day in a correct historical context. I just heard that Osama Bin Laden was killed...but enough about that, let's get to the real news.

Prince William and Kate finally tied the knot.

1 comment:

the splendid life of us... said...

You have the best posts ever!!! I get excited when I see that you have postes something new! And I might have to follow your lead and blog about going to WICKED just so I can remember. I tend to forget to blog about things that happen to me and only blog about what is happening to my kids. Sorry that we missed Rocky's bday party and that awesome pinata! Oh and I am REALLY sorry that I missed the rocky road cupcakes. Im not much of a cake fan, but those look way too delish to pass up!Let's get together again soon!