Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Little Bit Wicked


Brandon and I got to go to Wicked and I am making sure to document it so that I can date myself, and so that I'll never forget how fun it was. My mom told me that when she went to the theater to see Gone with the Wind she was so overwhelmed that she cried. I had the same experience with this musical.
I looked up a bunch of the songs on youtube and after we watched them Daisy thought that she would show everyone that those witches had nothing on her. I had to explain that being wicked is different than just being a troublemaker. She didn't seem to care.


Rocky filled her potty chart which meant that she finally won the prize of her dreams. When we were brainstorming ahead of time to decide on a really great reward I told her she could have anything she wanted out of any store and she confidently told me that she wanted a balloon. When she earned all her stickers we went shopping and I told her she could pick out the one she liked best. I didn't even narrow it down to the small cheapies, the big expensive ones were even in the running, but lucky for me she picked the one that only cost $1. I was positive that she would want a princess, or the Pikachu but she picked out the heart that says, 'You're So Special'.
Really.
I tried to sway her toward something a little less along the lines of terminal patient and more toward celebration but after all it was her potty prize so she got her way.
How long do those things stay inflated anyway?

It has only been Track season for a few weeks and Rocky already told me that she is sick of races. She made an exception to go see her tio, Victor run the hurdles.

She prefers hitching a free ride to racing...


and Daisy is willing to oblige.


She is just about walking on her own. I don't know if I'm excited or scared.

No comments: