Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Little Update about the Little Girl

 Daisy is officially 18 months!  At her doctor's appointment she was 40th % for height and 30% for weight and just as healthy as can be. 
She is talking more and more and seems to be picking up new words every day.  She says mama and dada of course, and it was no surprise to those of us that know her that her next few words were foods...cheese and banana.  She will also say "shoes" which makes perfect sense because her favorite thing to do is to sit by the door and try on all the shoes in the basket.  When she gets sick of trying them on she will pick one and walk around the house with one shoe on and the other foot bare.  She also is always wearing my pink beanie 5 or 6 necklaces, and she drags her blanket around everywhere she can, often having a meltdown when we tell her she can't take it outside.  It is okay with me though because when she has a tantrum it is the cutest thing you've ever seen.  She will throw herself on the ground, dramatically and kick her feet and for some reason it is completely hilarious.  I guess I should amend that last statement because it isn't that funny when she does it during Sacrament Meeting. 
She is a ham and loves to make people laugh, especially her dad.  When she is hungry she gets grumpy but when you give her something to eat she gets so excited that she dances...I mean, she literally dances and she does it almost every time we eat.  She is serious about her food and when I am trying to cook dinner she will stand behind me and pull on the pockets of my pants until I give her a piece of whatever I'm trying to prepare.  I guess that kind of tasting along the way will help her when she is a chef, but it isn't that easy for me to try to keep my pants up and cook at the same time.  
It is a little tricky to get good pictures of her because she kind of hides when she sees the camera.  I have to think of ways to surprise her.
She is a kid who is happy, loving, and completely adorable.  I love her little chubby cheeks and huge smile and the way she will snuggle when she gets tired.  Sometimes I get so caught up in writing about all the things that we are doing that I forget to take the time to write about who my little Daisy is.  She is a treasure and I consider myself lucky every time I hear her little voice call Mama.

1 comment:

Jennifer Lovell said...

She's so wonderful. I loved the parts you shared about her trying on the shoes, walking around with one shoe on, and especially about her doing the happy dance every time she gets to eat (because I feel like that too). Give her a kiss for me next to that cute smile of hers, okay?