Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Little Bit of Art to Start Your Day

Cyclops and Storm
 I have been collecting Rocky's artwork for a while and I wanted to share a few of our favorites.
Self Portrait
 At school they made little story books.  Rocky drew herself having a nightmare about zombies.  She said it wasn't too scary but scary enough that she had to wave her arms around.  I am expecting a call from the school psychologist any day. 

She was working on this picture for a long time and I asked her about it.  She said, "I think it is Barack Obama, but it is weird because he doesn't have a shirt."  Then she figured out a way to turn his pecs into suspenders and it all made sense.  I'm not sure what the rays coming from his shoulders are.  It is probably one of those artistic things that can be interpreted based on your political leanings. 
I have no idea how she learned to make eyes like that. 

The Banana Princess



These last two are Daisy's.  She has been drawing a lot of "sneaker monsters" lately.  If you haven't heard of sneaker monsters it is because she made them up and for no explained reason they are the only monsters that her sensitive little soul isn't afraid of.  They have made appearances in all of the Valentines that she has created so far.
They seem to be friendly, despite the fact that they will sneak up on you when you least expect it.

No comments: