Monday, October 2, 2017

 After a bunch of last minute details we found ourselves in a whirlwind finding a job, renting a house, and getting ready to head back to Eugene. 
How do I explain my feelings?
I am so relieved and excited to return to the place that has become our home but every time it is so hard to leave the home that has always been. 
Goodbye summer. 
I will miss the ice cream, eating fresh veggies and fruit picked straight from the garden, hours spent with family and friends, watching the kids jump on the trampoline, fireworks, shorts, watermelon, sleeping in, and all the other lovely things about being home.  I was a big whiny baby almost all summer and my parents took me in and cared for me in a way that was lovely and delightful.  I know that I need to grow up and be an adult, but it was nice to have the reprieve for a few months. 
 We miss our cousins and our siblings and grandparents and friends when we don't get to see them as often, but there is always next summer, right?



 Our drive back to Eugene was so smokey because of all the forest fires.  Despite the haze it still seemed kind of special because when we left in July I didn't know if we would ever be back.  And now we are.

No comments: