Friday, October 13, 2017

Our Place

 I took a bunch of photos of our new place before we mess it all up. 
We are getting really comfortable and back to our old routines.

At first we had no problem with our internet but then it went out.  We called and they sent this guy who was the world's worst internet connector.  He was upset at first because the doorbell didn't work, which is something we I wasn't even aware of.  He stomped around our house of awhile, and even walked right into my room in the back of the house to find me.  Then he told me that he needed me to contact the people across the road and ask them to trim their shrubbery and then call him back.  I am usually such a pushover but I knew that this wasn't going to fly.  I told him that I think it was time to call a different company.  Then he said that he guessed he could call for a bucket truck. 
These other two guys, who clearly knew what they were doing showed up and made him climb up his ladder.  Like, I watched them as they literally stood by and made him climb up the ladder himself.  They hooked up a new cable and were on their way.  He still couldn't get it to work and stomped around my front room for another couple of hours.  He kept saying, "This company says that it values safety, but that was way too dangerous.  I am surprised that I made it."
I am surprised too, that he still has a job. 
He was there from 10 to 2 and when he finally got things working I cheered.  I thought he would be happy that he had finally figured it out, but he just sighed.  I think he was realizing that he was going to have to go start again at another house. 
Poor dude.  He drove me crazy, but I still couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him. 
When they asked me to fill out a customer survey I declined because I don't want that terrifying trip up the ladder to be his last.  Maybe I should have because it is probably just a matter of time until he gets fired anyway. 

I can't se this photo without cracking up.
 The kids made a scene so I could surreptitiously take step by step photos to send to Brandon.







 I think these quick photos that I took of our new house are much better than the ones on the rental website.




 We now live about 7 minutes further from the school that the girls attend.  I thought it was going to be a big pain, but it is working out okay because now they can walk out across the road to me, and I don't have to get the smaller kids out of the car.  This is the best because Ike takes a nap pretty much every day.

Tea Time
 Sometimes Rosy does too.




Taco Lover
 We love the deer and turkeys outside our house.
 Happy Anniversary!!
 Rosy gave us a special anniversary surprise...it was that she dressed up in this costume. 

Cheers!

No comments: