Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Hammock Time

I have been training for a long race which makes for some pretty lengthy Saturday morning runs up and down trails.  I enjoy being out there, and then perhaps even more, I enjoy hanging out in the hammock alone, or with company.
 Some people have nostalgic feelings for their grandma's apple pie, but for me, I realized that I feel connected to the past when I eat a Whopper. This was the first time my kids have ever been to Burger King.  I am going to take them there more often I think, in the interest of sharing my culture with the younger generation.
 The weather has been so beautiful.  There were days in February that Rocky wore shorts to school because it was so warm. 
Ike is either an Oregon kid or a Twilight Vampire because he starts to melt at the sight of the sun.

Sunday Night Casual
 Ike watches This is Us with me and we bawl every single time.  And by that I mean that I cry and he plays with his Legos.

Photo Bomb


Queen of the Swing
 All the running I have been doing lately keeps me busy, and sore.  It also gives me a chance to spend a little time every day enjoying this gorgeous town.  I don't know if I will ever love the actual race day but I sure love the preparations.  Ike is a good sport most of the time and I have had hours of meaningful conversation with incredible women as we have tracked miles and miles of steps.



No comments: