Thursday, November 13, 2008

Voices and Other Strange Sounds from Above

I always wondered if the folks upstairs were cleaning in the middle of the night and that is why it was so loud. Last night I knew for sure because at 12:30 the vacuum was going. They had been busy all day and when I was taking out the recycling I noticed that their Oregon banner was folded up instead of displayed and there were several bags on their porch. I started to wonder if they were moving out.
The late night cleaning seemed to go along with the theory and I even got Brandon's hopes up. Today, however, there are no indications of people moving out, but it seems that several guests have moved in. The bags, it turned out, were filled with garbage.
Luckily since I was awake most of last night, I'm tired enough to sleep through almost anything.
I thought it was pretty cool that it was the first time that I had heard a vacuum up there in the two months we've lived here. My guess is that it really was an emergency.

No comments: