Friday, January 16, 2009

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

It only takes a couple of days of being sick to make you feel imprisoned. When a chest cold mixes with a stagnant air warning in Eugene my lungs decide that they no longer want to participate with the rest of my body. I'm sure my hacking has annoyed my neighbors. It's okay though because I can hear them running laps in their apartment at 3 AM while I sit on the couch at night (lying down is only an option if I am willing to do without any oxygen). It is actually pretty comforting in those early hours to know that you aren't the only one awake.
Rocky has been a champ as she has basically been confined to her bouncer which, incidentally, keeps us both entertained.
Today I am feeling a lot better thanks to an inhaler and the humidifier that takes our already nippy apartment about ten degrees lower. Who cares about how cold it is when you can breathe?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry you're not feeling great, Marci. I hope it doesn't last much longer. That's good of Rocky to be cooperative for you.

Sharstin said...

dude that is no good! Being sick sucks big time. I hope you get feeling better asap