Monday, May 3, 2010

Another Day, Another Do


Our GQ model showing off her post-nap hairstyle.

And in other news...
Sunday was the Eugene Marathon and I felt like we were pretty much heroes for getting ourselves out of bed and out the door at 7 AM, never mind the fact that we were all still in our P.J.s. I didn't feel as heroic when I saw the 8,000 brave souls who weren't just up, but were running their hearts out.
I experienced a twinge of adrenaline and I can feel that it is time to get race training again. I don't know what it is about watching suffering people that makes me want to join them. I watch suffering people run past my house all day long, but it seems so much cooler when everybody does it together.
I thought of how every muscle ached and how I lost my toenails last year after Newport, but there is something in me that wants to do it again.
We were cheering on my friend Autumn and she looked fantastic. Well, I guess everyone did where we were at mile 2. It was really fun to have someone to watch for.
Marathons are inspiring things.


Rocky seemed mildly interested and Daisy was awake. I considered it a good sign that one day the three of us will do a race together.

Daisy is getting bigger and is super cute. She smiles and looks with her huge eyes and it makes me feel so happy inside that I can't help but giggle.

The next post will include several adorable photos of her taken by my amazing friend, Brenley. I would put them on tonight but I've already exceeded my computer time allotment.

4 comments:

M. Derek Rigby said...

Seeing these pictures of you guys, I just wanted to say that I'm really excited to see you guys in a little and also to meet Daisy.

Pam said...

It looks like Daisy's eyes have turned blue. Or have they always been blue? Anywho, You are amazing and I know I always say this but your girls are soooooooooo stink'n cute! Keep up the great work!

Kourtney said...

I wish I looked that good in the morning. What an adorable 2 year old. I loved the caterpillar cake

autumn said...

you ARE definitely a hero!