Monday, August 29, 2011

Hanging out with Howards

 While in Ogden we spent some time checking out the local sights.  Beus Pond is always the hot spot for baby ducks.


 Our annual Isaacson camping trip was canceled this year because the campground we had reserved was covered with snow.  It was a huge bummer but in order to help us all feel better we hiked up to Timpanogos cave as a family.  Rocky hiked her little legs up the entire way.  I was so proud of her.  Then, on the way down she started to get tired and grumpy.  I just kept pushing her to go farther because I didn't want to carry her and finally she just stopped and very sternly said, "I am NOT walking any more...and I WILL suck my thumb."  At that point I realized that she had hit the end of her energy tank so I put her on my back and let her suck her thumb the rest of the way.  After about 5 minutes of rest she perked right up and by the time we got to the bottom she was ready to play with her cousins.

On a trip to the Farmer's Market with Matt and Kristin we got to see cheese actually aging.  I think it was pretty much the highlight of the summer.

 We took a trip to the Treehouse Museum and of course had a tea party with Oma and then the girls had to run around and try every single thing that was available. 







No comments: