Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter Time

 As I walked out the door with the camera to try and take the Easter Sunday pictures Brandon gave me a look and said, "This is always the moment of our undoing."
I had to agree that he was right because my girls are notorious for refusing to cooperate when it comes to taking a nice dressed up shot.  I figured that since I was going to church and had to teach in Young Womens and speak...in Spanish that my day was already headed down the tube and I might as well risk it.  While we still didn't get the perfect angel scene that I had in mind, this rebellion was cheerful and much closer to reality. 
My Little Angels

Some of the families in the neighborhood put together a little egg hunt and I was glad to get a picture of all these little jammers who have become a big part of our lives. 
 
After being coached by Indee, and then taking a second practice round at the church breakfast the Rigby girls were putting up some fierce competition.  Earlier in the day Daisy had hunted out 4 pieces of candy and could not believe her luck.  This time she knew what she was in for and wasn't going to let anything get in her way.  That is why she took off at a sprint...well it was kind of more like a waddle-ish type of fast walk, but it was her fastest, and she did it before the hunt had officially started.
 
 Rocky took a more subtle tactic and just tried to scope out the best eggs while the others were distracted.



 They both came out with full baskets.
And we thought that was the end of our hunting for the year, but the Valverdes had a surprise up their sleeves and on Sunday night they were hunting again.

Now every time we leave the house Daisy wants to take her basket with her and she just in case she finds candy-filled eggs randomly outdoors.
We had a great time and are so grateful for all the people who filled those eggs with candy and with support for our family. 
And, thanks to my assignments at church I also had a chance to spend a lot of time thinking about the true meaning of Easter.  Before church Brandon asked Rocky what he thought they would talk about in Primary and she didn't have any idea.  When he suggested that they might focus on Easter she made a confused face and said, "Dad, they don't talk about that kind of stuff at church.
I was worried that we had given her only half of a perfect Easter.  Brandon fixed it by showing her a bunch of videos on the church website.
 I usually like to keep things light on this blog but I do want to say that I feel especially grateful this year for the life of our Savior.  I love the hope that lies in the symbol of an empty tomb and appreciate that because He lives that we can be together as a family forever.

And now for a couple of bonus pictures:
 We had a bunch of really cool missionaries around and we all especially bonded with Elder Camacho who is in the middle.  This picture just really made me happy and I wanted it saved.
 I probably should feel sad that my kid is so absorbed in Shaun the Sheep but I just thought she looked so cute.

1 comment:

Jennifer Lovell said...

fun pictures. You're such an entertaining blogger, Marci : ). I love the way you tell your stories.