Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Walk the Plank

 We checked out this gym in Eugene and it was like a kid's dream.  I mean what could be cooler than walking the plank into a foamy sea?  Why didn't I know this place existed?  Maybe it is because it is called the National Academy of Artistic Gymnastics.  If I had heard about it I would have figured it was some kind of ribbon dancing deal, not Peter Pan's paradise.
 
For the first time ever Rocky, or Tigger, as they call her at school, jumped herself out of energy.  

Daisy, on the other hand, spent most of the time hanging out in the waiting area checking out the toys.  At first I felt bad that we had paid to get her in when all she wanted to do was sit around but then I figured that the goal was that they were having fun, and she was.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.
 Rosy was pretty content just to hang out with Jody.
 In the end Daisy did venture out to try the rope swing and once she got it down we couldn't get her off.
 These guys look like they are about ready for the Olympics. 
 You have no idea how tricky it was to get this photo.  I've watched those girls on TV do their flips and spins on the beam but I've never actually seen one in real life.  They are high and they are skinny.  It took a balancing miracle for everyone to be standing on it at once. 
 
They said that they sometimes schedule times that adults can come and play instead of kids.  Now I know where I am having my birthday party.

No comments: