Sunday, October 20, 2013

The P.P.

 Rocky's performance in her second Primary Program wasn't as memorable as the first.  She was reverent and sang like a little angel.  I was happy that she behaved while simultaneously feeling a little sad that we had crushed the wild streak that led to last year's gummy bear incident.
I wanted to get a photo and she insisted that she pretend do be preaching.  I'm serious. I tried three times unsuccessfully to get her to shut her mouth.  She stuck her hand out in a gesture that implied that she was calling her audience to repentance.
Her actual part wasn't quite so persuasive.  She said that her favorite thing to do with her family is to go to Utah and to go to the Treehouse.  (Too bad the congregation lives in Eugene or we could ask them if they would give us a discount in return for the free publicity.)  She also said that one day she can be a good mother by getting married in the temple.

In honor of the special day I let her wear my special barrette.  I found it on some street in Boston when I was a missionary.  I took it home and boiled it for an hour and it has remained one of my favorite souvenirs from my mission.  I just knew it would come in handy some day.
I Heart Jesus
When I saw this face I felt a little bit better knowing that the wild streak isn't completely gone.

1 comment:

Micha said...

Haha! I'm not sure her wild streak will ever be completely gone. She couldn't be herself without it.