Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Joy in the Journey


 Since we probably won't be in Eugene permanently I find myself really enjoying things I might otherwise overlook. 
We love our house, our yard, our neighborhood, and our city.  I love that in Eugene I only wear makeup when I want to, and with, or without it I fit right in.  I love the neighborhood parties with live music, free ice cream, and people dancing right in the street without any hesitation. 
Long Live the Pearl Street Fair!

 I generally try to steer clear of diets and strict eating habits, mostly because I love food.  I wanted to challenge myself and work on making better habits so I decided to try the Whole 30 program.  It was super hard not eating sugar, especially but I did enjoy feeling that when I set my mind to something I can accomplish it. 
The other benefit was all the support that my friends gave me.  I was worried because so much of life and socializing revolves around food.  It was refreshing to realize that nobody else really cares what a person eats or doesn't eat.  I feel super blessed to have friends that encourage me to be my best self and to achieve my goals, however weird they may be.

Ike and I have a few hours every morning that we spend together while the others are at school.  It is kind of the best.  He is at such a cute age and he loves to hang out with me. 




 When he goes to school I am sure I will get more things done, but for now I am trying to enjoy this time.  I know from the girls how quickly it goes.

No comments: