Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

 We had a lovely Thanksgiving.  It was filled with food, friends, and feeling grateful.  Our traditions start on the Eve.  We went hiking and then cooked all day.  Everyone worked together to decide on the dessert that we would make.  The kids picked Pecan Tassies.  They take a lot of work, but I figured if we all worked together it would be easy.  Right?
Yes, if by working together you mean that this girl works...
 And everyone else watches TV.

 I made the mini pies, Jell-o, turkey, stuffing, gravy and we did a fruit tray.  It was a lot of food.
After all the day before prep was done we headed off to the theater. 
Photo bombers.  I don't know if they were photo bombing us, or we were doing it to them.  I am going to say that it was us because that seems more powerful.

We LOVED Coco, just like the rest of the world. I bawled.  I have definitely turned into a crybaby.


 Even though we aren't in the student community we decided on another Spencer View Thanksgiving.  The kids consider this place traditional and I have so many good feelings whenever I am there.
Turkey hats in progress

Sassy Jell-o friends


So, so, so much food!!!

Turkey Train



 Nothing is better than a Black Friday hike with this handsome dude and 4 kids that are surprisingly cheerful.

And then finish with some yard work.  I had no idea how many leaves we would have this year but we will rake all day because it is worth it to have a yard!!

No comments: