Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Pride

In order to keep up with the Howard tradition, Rocky and I made our annual dinner in a pumpkin. We walked over to Albertsons to get a pumpkin because the one Brandon stole was way to big for our oven. I found the perfect one, but it took a lot of manuevering to get it, Rocky, and the stroller all home. We cleaned it out, loaded it up, and stuck it into the oven for a couple of hours.



Rocky was having a hard time trying to curb her appetite because it takes so long to cook the pumpkin. It was kind of a big deal for her because it was her very first time to eat pumpkin. Instead of being driven crazy with anticipation she distracted herself by spending a little bit of time in the bouncer. It was good excercise, but it seems pretty obvious that her mind was still on the food.



While she was busy tried to organize the election mailers. I decided to save them for a week, but it was taking over the house. It's a lucky thing that we have mail in ballots here because otherwise it would take a year for everyone vote on all the measures that have been proposed. Thank goodness that the elections will be over soon, and that we have a good recycling program.


Finally it was done. Rocky had a carrot appetizer to take the edge off of her hunger so that she could really savor the first taste.




It turned out really good. I mean, it's not exactly gourmet cooking, but I was pretty pleased with myself.


Rocky loved the pumpkin and we all thought that it was worth the wait.

4 comments:

Janet said...

It does my heart good to see the tradition carried on....it looks good! Mom

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Wow, what a great idea and it looks yummy! Thanks so much for watching Kason the other day.

Sharstin said...

Marci!! how are you? your little Rocky is getting so big--she is darling--I think she looks like you! I hope all is well with you--and I am excited you have a blog--now we can keep in touch :)

Stephanie said...

Hey, I'm curious to know how to cook a pumpkin dinner. Email me the recipe K? :) I loved the Ewok costume, BTW. The little dreads were awesome!