Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Ball

 Okay, first of all, I just have to say that even though Rosy was always cool, she is even cooler now that she likes to stick out her tongue. 

We had a Valentine's Ball for our branch activity and the girls put together their best princess outfits.  They spent quite a while working on their ensembles and in the end I have to say that they worked out quite well.  I mean Daisy really did take a risk with the Ninja Turtle lanyard.  Some might have thought that it clashed with her Cinderella gown but as they say, fortune favors the bold.
Rocky played it cool with the basic purple gown and Mardi Gras bead combo.
 Where they really went wrong, however, is in footwear.  If you notice the trend of the night went to 20 inch heels.  My girls knew they were beaten when they walked in the door and surreptitiously ditched their flats by the diaper bag and spent the night dancing away in the style they referred to as Eugene Nude.
Today at church there were more than one of the 12 dancing princess with sore feet walking around the Relief Society but Rocky and Daisy could have danced all night and into the next day in their bare feet.  I played the role of the fat lady that stands next to food table all night.  Seriously, who wants to dance when you've got authentic Mexican food at your disposal?
Okay, to be honest, I did a little dancing but I took Rosy out there with me.  Nothing loosens up the hips like a baby.  For the record, I sported my flip-flops.  I know you are all surprised about that one. 

It was a fun night but now it is time to face the facts.  Tonight is the last episode of Downton Abbey.  I'm more than a little depressed that I won't be seeing my favorites folks from the upstairs or downstairs.  Now how will I make it through the Sunday night blues?

I guess I'll have to just remind myself again of this face. 
I hope it works for you too.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I love that tongue! She is so dang cute. And Daisy's dress. That girl has some serious style. I love it! Rocky's a beautiful girl, all your girls are, but Rocky is just starting to look so grown up.

Live on Lenox said...

Oh my goodness. Lainey has been chewing on the tip of her tongue for the last little while too. I guess we'll have that to look forward to again when we're old and toothless.