Sunday, May 10, 2015

Dinner Party

 We have never really hosted a dinner party.  We have met up with friends for a lot of potlucks and also had the missionaries over a bunch of times but that hardly counts.  It took Brandon some time to convince me to allow it to happen.  My concerns were  that we don't have any space and that we don't have enough dishes.  He swayed me to his side by picking two of the nicest families we know to invite and by promising to do the cooking.   We had two returned missionaries that had served in Spain and the meal was comprised of authentic Spanish cuisine. 
 The seating was tight and the dishes were mismatched but the food was excellent and the company delightful.  I know this sounds silly for a mom of three to be saying but I actually kind of  felt like an adult.  Kind of.


No comments: