Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Traditional Picture

 Every year the photo that I insist on taking ends up being awesome.  I don't know what is happening with Rocky's face.  She said that her mouth was full of apple so it was hard to smile.  I love my babies.

Rocky gave me this picture that she made in class with a lovely poem.
I looked at it and it totally freaked me out.  I guess it proves my mother's instinct because I told her that I felt like there was something a little strange about it.  She said that she didn't have time to finish so one of the high school students drew the face.  It just goes to show you that moms really do only like the stuff their kids make.  I love the rest but I hate that face.  It  makes me laugh thinking of some high school student sitting there with a pencil trying to draw on a first grader's Mother's Day card.  I am waiting until she goes to school tomorrow so I can bury it in the recycle and never look at it again.  I bet if my kid had been the high school student I would think it was adorable.  That's motherhood for you.  

No comments: