Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Joy in the Mundane


 I just really can't get enough of Ike in his little bowtie.  Kids this age are tricky because of the tantrums, but they make up for it with their cuteness.  I mean, seriously?  Ike and Ruby holding hands at church generally means trouble is on the way, but while things are peaceful, you can't help but adore them.
 March has lived up to its stereotype with lots of rain and wind and some gorgeous sunny days mixed in.  Spring is a miraculous time.  When it is sunny it is impossible not to look at these 4 beautiful children and know how lucky I am.
 Rocky and Daisy wanted to participate in the walkout protesting gun violence in schools but instead just wore their Activist shirts. Eugene is definitely a place that has taught these kids to stand up and fight for the things they believe in. 
 We spent an afternoon at the dentist office which isn't an interesting photo-op, but I just had to snap a shot of my girls.  The older I get the more I realize the value in the mundane day-to-day business of living.  Some of the best moments are the quiet ones where nothing special is happening.

 The kids made a mini hotel on St. Patrick's Day as an attempt to catch a leprechaun.  I was especially taken with the artwork on the walls of the cafe.  It couldn't be more fun to watch as my kids are growing up and creating experiences for themselves.  They get so excited about their projects and when they actually work together they come up with amazing things.
 We spent that evening at a friend's house playing on the rope swing and feeding lambs. 


How did they grow so quickly?

No comments: