Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Still Training

I am still lacing up my running shoes almost daily and often getting up before the sun to train for the 50K.  I'm not going to say it hasn't been hard, but I can say without any hesitation that it has brought a lot of satisfaction.  Even though I have done some hard things in the past, I still doubt myself and fear failure and it is empowering to take on another big challenge and succeed.  It is unbelievable how quickly a body can grow stronger with some effort.  I don't know how many of these long races I will do, but I sure hope that whether it be running, or something else that I will never stop trusting myself and my ability to stretch further than feels comfortable.

 It is sure a lot easier with great company.  My running friends have proven to be great therapists as well as entertainers.

No comments: