Thursday, August 9, 2018

Back and Forth

 I never thought I would grow fond of the drive between Utah and Oregon but it has happened. I will miss the giant slide in Hines and the gorgeous stretch on the McKenzie Highway.  Brandon and I have lived in Eugene for 10 years and made the trip 2 or 3 times each year.  I guess you could say that we have really bonded with the route. Each time it feels so good when we finally pull into home, one on each side.
We are planning on driving across the rest of the country to check it out but I doubt that there will be another stretch that will compare.
Lunch Break
 When we got to my parents' house I found this gem on the fridge.  My dad circled Brandon, just in case he forgot which one was a family member.


Daisy all dressed up and tuckered out.
 The first few days were a baptism by fire at the Martarano Family Reunion.  I didn't do a great job reaching out to meet distant family members because we were all just too excited to see cousins and aunts and uncles.

 Daisy's tooth fell right out into her spaghetti.  It had been hanging from a thread for several days so we were all happy to see it go.
Indee and Ezra

Baby Cosette
 The day was hot but the snow cones made all the difference.




Modeling my two new bracelets
The Martarano family is huge.  They are are group of lovely, generous, and kind people. 

No comments: