Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Too Many Goodbyes

 We have adored the Eugene 3rd Ward.  I have been challenged in the best possible way to take responsibility for my own spirituality.  I have met strong and intelligent women and men who have become true friends and mentors and who have reached out to my kids with love.
Almost every week Brandon and the kids sat in the car while they waited for me to chat with people and it took a long time because there were so many that I wanted to see.  In fact, I had a hard time making it to class because on my way I would run across someone I had been dying to talk to, which is a shame because our Sunday School lessons were incredible.

 I am going to miss these cute faces way too much.
Katy, Jess, Marissa and Nicole

Yasmin, Silvia and Rojelio
These guys are from Cuba and it was really by chance that we got to be friends. Rojelio rode with us to school for half of the year and I grew closer with his mama and grandma as time went on.  We had some pretty cool experiences together, some of them could even be considered miracles.
 Amazon Pool has saved our sanity many a summer day. From the authentic Japanese food and shaved ice to the sandbox and the coveted shady spots, I loved that place. It felt so great to find an antidote to the heat in the water. Mostly I liked it because every time I went I ran into people that I loved.  Friends from church, school, and the community all meet up at the pool. I even ran into a couple that I met almost 20 years ago when I worked in Alaska.  When we lived at Spencer View we could walk and when the lifeguards blew their whistles we walked home in the warm evening our bodies still cool from the water. I love the feeling of satisfaction that a day spent at the pool was a summer day well done.



 And the last place that we went in Eugene was the same one we went last year when we left.  I already wrote my ode to the Richeys pool.  I didn't write earlier about how much I love the Richeys themselves.  I could talk to Kathryn or Troy for hours.  Their house is a meeting place for awesome people.


Friends Forever



And that was it.  Our Eugene adventure has come to an end.  For real this time.  I wrote earlier that this year was borrowed time and it felt like a great bonus.  I was able to strengthen old friendships and make some new ones. I had a lot of time running, walking, and hanging out with people I love in a beautiful place. It hurt to drive away from this house but I am so glad that I have made such good memories that I can take with me.

No comments: