Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another Weekend of Nonstop Adventure


We checked out the most random children´s book I´ve ever read. It was called The Mask and it had a pocket in the front with this beauty. The story was about a couple of kids that were swallowed by a wolf and then after they beat the thing to death from the inside they made a mask out of its head. I know, gross. Rocky wants to wear it all the time and growl.
I used to think that with the extremely competitive market for picture books that it would be easy to find good stories, but there are definitely some losers out there. Oh well, I guess it was worth the free ninety nine that we paid to check it out at the library just for the entertainment of watching Rocky try to see out of those eye holes.
It is important also to point out that she is wearing the p.j.´s that she got from her Oma for Christmas. Take note that they say "I'm not sheepy" a pun that is completely lost on the wearer. Every time I put her in these duds she says something different, but it is always wrong. Her favorite is "I'm not a lamb."
I wanted to get a picture of her post-hairdo-hairdo. Whenever I put it up in the little horns that I call "nubbies" it makes for some pretty cool curls.

This picture was supposed to be funny, but instead it turned out to be one of those bittersweet moments that reminded both Brandon and me how quickly she has grown up.

Here she is studying Spanish by watching the dubbed version of Shrek with her favorite tutor. (If you say that she is learning a second language it makes the hippie mom's put their judgemental stink eye away for a minute or two. It only lasts until they see that your snack bag is full of Swedish 'feces' instead of organic hummus.

Brandon is always good at finding interesting and free activities to keep us busy. This time we went to go watch BMX races at the fairgrounds. Let me tell you, this brought out a whole new crowd of people that I've never seen before in Eugene. Think more tattoos and fewer teeth.

They were all really nice and Rocky made a few friends. First she sat next to a couple of boys and smiled coyly until they gave her some of their chips. Then she latched on to this little girl who was probably 6 and the smallest BMX racer I've ever seen. She was really cute and her jersey and helmet matched her dad's perfectly.

Daisy was surprisingly interested, well at least for about the first 5 minutes.



People are always asking me if I think Daisy looks more like Brandon. I can't say that for sure, but I can say that she has picked up his talent of sleeping anywhere. It doesn't matter if it is time to eat...

or time to be studying.


Rocky gave baby Oaklee an Emo hairstyle. At least I think it is Emo. It might just be a model-sized re-enactment of the nap hair that Rocky gets every day. Personally I think she is trying to get it to look like the guy who sings her newest favorite song, All the Pretty Girls.

I know it is hard to believe that this many exciting things happened to us in such a short time, that is why I took the pictures as proof. One day when Rocky and Daisy are teenagers and they think their parents are boring I'll pull out the pictures and show them that we were always boring, but that it used to be fun.

1 comment:

Kourtney said...

Your life looks and sounds so adventerous. I am jealous that you have hippie friends around and that your children know two languages. you guys Rock.