Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sweet Tooth

I don't know what has happened to us this week but there seems to be an insatiable hunger for cookies around here. I think it might have something to do with Girl Scouts.
Daisy put her newest front tooth right to work showing those Thin Mints who is boss.


I'd bet that she would also have liked the Samoas if I would have been willing to share.

Although I would have been happy to eat nothing but treats the entire week, I did manage a pretty successful experiment. It turns out that roasting a chicken is just about the easiest thing I've ever done.

Unfortunately, in true Marci style, because the chicken turned, out the rest of the meal was a total bust. The other pan of roasted vegetables came out of the oven looking like they were about one step away from being cremated. Usually you can just scrape off charred parts (something we have done an embarrassing amount of times) and you can still eat the insides but in this case, once the charred parts were scraped, there was nothing left.
Nothing like a home-cooked meal of chicken with roasted chicken and chicken on the side. Luckily we had a few cookies left for dessert.

2 comments:

Aynna banahna said...

I love that last picture of Daisy. And that chicken does look amazing. Sorry the rest of it didn't turn out. We should Skype soon. If I can figure out how it works...

becky rigby said...

Love it. In the last picture, Daisy looks so much like Indee. Silly girl.