Sunday, February 27, 2011

First Time Bowling and a Couple of Lost Kitties

We went bowling for the first time in Eugene. With Rocky's help Brandon scored a 105 and I had the high score of 49.


Daisy preferred the video games.

The big new of the weekend, however, was that the Cat in the Hat visited Eugene. I haven't seen that big of a crowd since Karl Malone appeared at the Layton Hills Mall.
Let's just say that the Cat had completely underestimated the force behind the patrons of the Eugene Public Library. He was finishing up a tour around Oregon promoting his new show (which I don't recommend for a variety of reasons, one of which being that the cat is voiced by Martin Short).
The kids were pretty excited and the parents were willing to push and trample to get a great picture. My kid shoved her way in so quickly that I didn't even have to stomp on anyone's stroller. She walked right up to the Cat in the Hat and asked, "Where is my mom?" Causing a very "helpful" woman to take her to the front desk while I was yelling, "She is mine!" and trying to work my way through the hoards. Luckily we all made it out alive.

This morning we had another cat visitor but this one came right to our door. It stayed outside our patio door, despite Rocky's pleas to go out and pet it. It was like being at the zoo, but this time we were the ones in the cage.

No comments: