Monday, June 30, 2014

A Crazy Runner

The other day I realized that anyone who looked at my facebook profile would think I was a crazy runner.  Brandon's reply was, "Yeah, like literally crazy."

Exhibit A:
I don't plan on losing my marbles anytime soon but I am sure that if I did this is the photo that they would put on all the press releases.  They would cut my friends out and just leave those maniacal eyes to stare out from newspapers all over the country and everyone would shrug their shoulders and realize that they really aren't that surprised that she snapped after all.

And how about this gem?  Admittedly I almost look sane in comparison to my friends here.  Clearly the bar is low. 
 I dare you to look at that photo and not laugh.

It is true that I have been doing a lot of running lately, but this last race had a lot less to do with getting a good time and a lot more to do with getting through it without injuring myself.  The Dirty Dash is not the Spartan or a Tough Mudder that real athletes do.  It has some tunnels to crawl through and a couple of walls to climb, nothing too hard, but it was enough that it served as a big time reminder that I am not as young as I used to be.  Although I think I could have performed a little bit better if I could have made it five seconds without giggling uncontrollably.  I'm glad that I had a chance to run with three amazingly fun friends. 
Rocky jumped in to prove how dirty we were.
 I almost had to sell a kidney to add another race to this year's season but it was worth every cent. 

No comments: