Sunday, April 21, 2013

Color Run

Kim, Marci, Lindsey, Emma, Michelle, and Rileigh - Before the color bombs
 I did the Color Me Rad 5K with some of my favorite homegirls.  
 The colors weren't exactly what I was expecting.  Running through the fog was almost as fun as it was terrifying.  I would start out laughing and then as the cloud surrounded me my enthusiasm morphed into a claustrophobic, I can't see where I am going kind of terror.  Just as the panic would set in I would emerge into blue skies and continue jogging.
The race route was packed with all kinds of people, many who wouldn't traditionally be considered runners, and there was no timer which led to a casual and fun atmosphere.  
The best part was when someone had a great idea that we would all join hands as we crossed the finish line.  Unfortunately we latched onto each other way too early and looked like a bunch of nerds.  Have you ever tried to run while holding hands with two other ladies?  It ain't easy.
What I paid for in self respect I more than made up in the laughing that followed.  I just couldn't stop giggling. 
I don't get much time to just be a girl hanging out with her buddies and somehow in the moment I reverted back to my Jr. High self.  This proved to be liberating, but when it was over I was glad to go back to being a boring, albeit colorful, mom.
Thanks to my pals for the good time.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I've been wondering how it went. Looks like it was a fun time. :)