Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Malan's Peak

 It can't be a Rigby summer unless we take our kids on a ridiculously long hike.  I am surprised every time that they are still willing to trust us when we say that we are almost there.
 The trail to Malan's Peak is beautiful and the view from the top is worth the effort.  I myself was huffing and puffing quite a bit but I couldn't really complain because Rosy made it all the way to the last switchback before she sat down on the trail and refused to take another step.
 I would have turned back earlier but Brandon lets the girls prove to themselves that they can do hard things.  In the end they are always glad that they did.


 Rocky insisted on hiking with this horrible black foam noodle.  She tried to justify bringing it by saying she needed it as a walking stick which made her go at least twice as slow as she would have without it.  After a few miles she said that she didn't need it anymore but we made her carry it all the way down so that she would learn her lesson.
Early on in the journey Ike had a dirty diaper.  I had brought a bag to carry such things down in but Brandon thought it would be better if we hid it and then picked it up on the way down.  We didn't forget it but when we stopped to pick it up on the way down it was gone.  I am horrified because it was the newborn size.  Whoever took it has no doubt in their mind who the culprits were.  I just want to shout it out to the universe that we would have taken it down with us.

I love Ogden and it has taken me all these years in Eugene to realize just how amazing it is to live in the shadow of gorgeous mountains.

No comments: