Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Greats

Grandma and Grandma Howard came for a visit and they brought all  kinds of puzzles and activities with them.  They had no trouble becoming fast favorites with my kids.  Uncle Paul was there too but I didn't get a photo of him.  I didn't take a picture of the bacon and tomato sandwiches either but trust me, they were amazing.
The girls spent waaay to much of the summer watching  cartoons with their  Opa. He has an unlimited source of patience when it comes to horrible cartoons.  I read somewhere that the new studies show that TV time doesn't rot the brains of kids as much as long as they are watching with an adult they care about.  I don't know if it is true but I can always cross my fingers and hope.
Rocky planted a little sunflower seed in a tiny vase.  I didn't think there was any way that it would sprout but it was a healthy little sprout.  When we left she made my mom promise that she would send photos of its progress. Judging by the size of the pot I think it had already pushed as far as it could go.  Luckily we got out of there before it started to fade.
A fun thing we did this summer  was to go to my cousin Casey's house for a barbecue.  He and Sue have worked hard renovating their home making the yard into a virtual paradise.  Jill sent me the pictures that she took.  I was too busy talking with everyone to  pay attention  to my children.



They really don't even begin to show how gorgeous the yard is, or how much fun the kids were all having together.  It is the kind of place that once you get there you never want to leave.

No comments: