Sunday, August 26, 2012

Slug Queen Parade

We had to be home by this weekend to move into our new apartment but we didn't know that we were going to be lucky enough to make it for the Eugene Celebration.  We took a break from the move because we couldn't miss the Slug Queen Parade.
Hardly any of my photos turned out because the lighting was bad, but fortunately for me my friend Michelle took a bunch and I'm hoping she doesn't mind that I am stealing them.  
The Slug Train was being harassed by a huge salt shaker which brought a mixture of responses from the sidelines.  There were cheers from those who have slug-infested gardens, and jeers from the Slug Queen supporters.


 It was fun to watch it with friends.
 There were Monster Trucks, Greyhound dogs, tons of fairies, pirates, derby girls, politicians, a Peace Train, a bunch of people dressed like fruits, Star Wars characters, puppets, fencers, and a Brazillian kettle band.  There were people against coal, people for frisbee and every kind of bike that you could possibly even imagine.
This guy has been seen around town petitioning people to stop using plastic bags.
 The Peace Train ended with members of the communist party which seemed a little surprising, even here.

Yay for Eugene!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Yay for Eugene!! I still can't believe that I have never been to the Eugene Celebration. I though for sure we would be there to go this year. :(

Looks like you had a fun time. Hooray for you guys. :)