Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dia del Padre

 Happy Father's Day to the best dad ever!  We got to spend this morning at church and since we aren't really locals we went ahead and picked the ward that had the best schedule.  We met at 9 in a beautiful chapel that is new and super nice.
 The ward was a good size and full of beautiful people who made us feel welcome.  The only bad thing was that their kids were so well behaved I felt like I was trying to wrestle a couple of monkeys.  We only got to stay for sacrament meeting because Brandon had to meet the students who were coming into town but I noticed a few ladies putting the finishing touches on their lessons so I have a feeling we missed out.  We'll be able to stay for the whole meeting next week and I'm looking forward to it, which for me is kind of a big thing. 
 Rocky and I spent a long time at the Bodega Aurrera (last time it was mentioned I spelled it wrong) looking for a gift for her daddy.  She was completely excited about the gummy hamburgers...much more so than he was I am sure.  We also got some pens because it seems like he is always looking for one.
We celebrated with spaghetti because it is the only thing we can really cook in this kitchen, that and eggs, which we've already had twice. 
I think that the microwave is pretty cool.  I'm sorry that it is hard to read but along with the popcorn button there is one for tortillas, rice, fajitas, meatballs, and a few other things that I don't even know what they are.  We tried out the tortilla one and it worked like a charm. 
The other night we were at a restaurant and Brandon had taken the girls to look at a fountain.  It was my big moment to do the order myself.  The waitress was very sweet and I felt like things were going smoothly.  All of a sudden I realized that I was re-enacting the role-play scene from my 10th grade Spanish class.  I sealed the deal by saying, "Una limonada por favor."  I should send a note to Mrs. Rhodes to tell her that her class really came in handy.
So far so good with the students.  They've been here only a day and the only problem that Brandon has had to deal with was that a girl got trapped in a store because she had tried on a couple of bras.  The owner of the store said the policy is that if you try on underwear you have to buy it so the poor girl now has a variety of bras for her home collection.

2 comments:

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I love reading your blog and about all the adventures you guys are having!

Laurie said...

I want a microwave with all those cool buttons. :) I'm really enjoying this super frequent posting on your blog. Thanks for keeping us updated!