Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pozole 2 for 1 on Fridays


 We went out to do more exploring and found so many amazing things.  It is like a feast for your eyes and even though I try to take pictures of everything, it just doesn't seem to be able to really catch it.  This is around the Centro which is a hot spot all week, and especially during the weekends.  Queretaro is a place full of tourists that are traveling from other parts of Mexico and the whole place becomes a party on Friday nights.
 I know my friends aren't surprised that I would stop to take a picture of this wicker skeleton.  I couldn't pass it up.
 We checked out the river that goes through the city but the girls really weren't that impressed.  I guess living next to the Willamette has dulled their appreciation a bit.
 The house of La Corregidora is right in the Centro and is so beautiful.  It is a huge open space.  See if you can find the gringos. 
While we were there and in the other plazas Daisy just wanted to dance.  She and Rocky were the entertainment in the plaza and everyone had huge smiles watching them.  We eventually were overtaken by a political rally so we moved on.
We hit the 2 for 1 pozole night and it rocked, especially the horchata. 
 Pozole is a soup that is made by boiling meat and spices with hominy and then before you eat it you dump in a bunch of great condiments.  We also had a sope and a quesadilla in case the girls got picky again.  They didn't.
I was worried that because it was so hot that the pozole wouldn't seem as good, but it really hit the spot, and who could resist a deal like that?  Not the locals because there were a bunch of people in there stuffing themselves. 
 Here is some proof that I am here too, and that my belly is huge, and that my daughters are adorable.
 
After all that walking we were all pretty worn out.
 
Bonus Pictures:  This is Daisy before and after her nap.  It is like this every day.  I don't even know why I get her ready at all.


5 comments:

Rusten and Karen said...

Daisy looks like she has grown up so much since we've last seen you. Which was only a few weeks ago. Kids grow way too fast.

Micha said...

Oh, YUM!!! That looks so good. That is a pretty sweet wicker skeleton. Only crazy people wouldn't take a picture.

Laurie said...

I'm only surprised that there were no requests to smuggle the wicker skeleton home with you. :)

Glad to see some picture proof of you being there too... you look great.

Laurie said...

I'm only surprised that there were no requests to smuggle the wicker skeleton home with you. :)

Glad to see some picture proof of you being there too... you look great.

Anonymous said...

I have learned to make pozole, and make it at Christmas time- trying to bring in some of Linda's heritage into family traditions- and it is very yummy. I still cannot use the actual pig's foot when making it, however. The thought and look is still too much for me!

I love reading about your daily adventures in Mexico and am a little jealous of them! I am glad that you are having an amazing time! Thanks for sharing!

Monica