Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kids

 We're getting a little bit better at the Skyping, but it still only keeps the attention of the girls for about 5 minutes.
 We got to check out the library, which is awesome!  It is round and has a big open space in the middle with this fountain. 
 We also finally found a playground.  At first the other kids were kind of scared of Rocky, but that seems kind of normal.  She has a tendency to come on a little strong.  But by the end she had charmed a couple of boys who looked like they were a little older.  I didn't take any pictures of them because I didn't want anyone to think I was a weirdo.
As for me, I've been hit with what I've heard referred to as Montezuma's Revenge.  Hopefully getting sick now will mean that I just get it over with instead of meaning that I'm going to be sick the whole time.  Everyone else is still fine, I'm the only one with a wimpy system.  As far as I know we've all eaten the same things.  I guess it is better that it is me because I manage without making any messes.
The girls are still happily plowing along and at this moment they are eating hot dogs, which the sight of just about brings tears to my eyes.
Since they are still feeling well they have been up to all kinds of mischief.  While I was in the shower, literally 5 minutes, Daisy got on the computer and opened about 500 windows and started up the virus scanner and somehow messed up our internet.  She also broke the key off the letter b so now it takes me twice as long to write.  It took me all morning to get it fixed up and just now Rocky said that she was going to get her water and instead went into the little bathroom that doesn't really even seem like is should be used and filled the water in the toilet with coffee filters that she found somewhere. 
Looks like they are back to their normal selves.

We are all feeling hopeful today that everything goes well with Cambria.  After my niece took a bad fall she is having surgery on her back and we are praying for the best.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm sorry that you are so sick... hopefully it all passes soon and it doesn't affect the girls, that would be a mess. Also, sorry to hear about Cambria, I'll keep her & her family in my prayers.

On a more positive note, I loved all the pics from this post and the last... looks like the girls are having fun. Those piñatas are awesome!